September 10-13, 2014
Maryland Science Center’s Davis Planetarium in Baltimore, Maryland
The 2014 MAPS conference will be hosted by the Maryland Science Center’s Davis Planetarium in Baltimore, MD on September 10-13, 2014.
Join us in Baltimore, MD at the Maryland Science Center’s Digital Davis Planetarium featuring a traditional Minolta star projector as well as a Sky-Skan Difiniti digital system under a new 50′ Astro-Tec dome. The conference hotel is the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court and can’t be more convenient – this nearest hotel to MSC is located directly across the street from the MSC.
- Presentations, workshops and programs under the same roof as the Vendor Exhibit Hall (all at MSC)
- Evening star party featuring MSC’s rooftop Observatory equipped with a computer-driven 8” Alvan Clark and Sons refractor
- NEW THIS YEAR – Extended Saturday conference activity
- Astronomy themed showcase using the “Science on a Sphere” projection system
- Bring your dancing shoes if so inclined – we’re closing the MAPS banquet on Fri night with some fun, live music for all to enjoy (stay tuned for details on the band!)
- Inner Harbor shopping, dining and attractions
- Fort McHenry, Federal Hill and other historic sites
- Nearby museums include American Visionary Art, National Aquarium, Walters Art Museum and more!
- Star Spangled Spectacular Sept 6-15, 2014
- Orioles playing at home against New York Yankees Sept 12-14, 2014
Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
550 Light Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
** MAPS Conference room rate: $179/night (taxes and fees not included)
note — rate is valid three day prior to and after the conference
Please note there is a $20 parking fee, per car, per day at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore during your stay at the conference.