In 1965, several planetarium educators met in Washington, D.C. and formed the framework of our organization: The Middle Atlantic Planetarium Society (MAPS). Along with other regional societies, MAPS is a member of the International Planetarium Society (IPS) and is an affiliate of the National Science Teacher’s Association (NSTA).
Today, MAPS consists of over 100 planetarium professionals representing large museums, schools, universities and portable planetariums from 13 states.
Benefits of your membership include:
- Annual subscription to The Constellation, our quarterly newsletter, in print or on-line.
- An invitation to attend the annual MAPS Conference.
- Access to MAPS Member Resources, our website for members-only content.
- Access to MAPS-L, our on-line bulletin board service.
- Teacher mentoring, advice and help available through the MAPS Mentoring Program.
- Voting privileges to vote for colleagues who will serve as your representatives on the MAPS Board.
- Transcript of the proceedings of the annual conference.
- Complementary or reduced rate publications of interest to planetarians.
- Support and membership in a community of professionals that are dedicated to astronomy and science education.
Contact Keith Johnson at Johnsonk@rowan.edu for further information.
Purchase Your 2017 MAPS Annual Membership Online:
Purchase Your 2017 MAPS Annual Membership via Mail: